You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, July 25, 2011

Marvelous Monday...or was it the weekend?

Bouquet o' Basil.  Guess how much I paid for it all?  100CFA!
Happy Monday!   While I keep reading about heat waves in the States on Facebook and CNN news, Mali continues to be well...just hot as always.  This weekend I made a basil spaghetti sauce (not pesto, just spaghetti sauce with a whole stinkin' lot of beautiful basil) after having talked with my friend Alys about basil in market and eaten a delicious pesto chez elle and then Abdoulaye and I went swimming at a friend's place.  Aren't pools wonderful?  But I think they're kind of like boats - better if your friend has one and not you so you don't have to take care of it...
Abdoulaye talks to the water before diving it.  Makin' sure it's ready for him.

I hope you had a great weekend filled with basil, pools or whatever else makes your heart happy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this!