You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, July 11, 2011

Has it really been 3 years in Mali??


Three years later I still coo over sleeping babies strapped to women's backs. I still marvel at moon rises and starry nights in village. Bambara continues to challenge and delight me. Baby donkeys continue to be precious. I still love sunsets and the sound of rain on tin roofs.  Happy 3 years in Mali* – I love you a little more for different reasons each day.


PS As with any relationship though, there are times I don't like you but I'll always love you :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Happy anniversary Jennifer in Mali! <3

sarah perry said...

3 years already?! you're awesome!

Brooke said...

I must admit that in the craziness of the schoolyear I forget to read your blog, but I'm in Paris now and just really sat down and read a good number of entries. It's fascinating - I wish I had looked before so I could have used it in class! You write so well and so compellingly, I really think you should look into trying to publish the entries as a book. I really have no idea how to do that but seriously, keep it in mind and keep up the good work! Bisous :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this!