You'll actually look forward to your morning commute. Life is calling. How far will you go? Learn more about the Peace Corps

Friday, April 2, 2010

Segou Regional Training

Segou-kaw at the Catholic Mission in Segou
Peace Corps Volunteers spend close to three of our 27 months in country in language and technical training.  This past week we held our Segou regional training in Segou-ville with both new and 'old' volunteers.  We learned about ameliorated porridge from Cassie and her homologue, soak pits from Alaric, neem cream (a mosquito repellent made from shea butter, soap and neem leaves - a tree found in Mali) from Veronique, various awesome projects from Monica, fish farming with Engineers without Borders from Therese and urine fertilizer from Esayi and me. 

It was an exhausting week but we learned a lot and it gave both Esayi and I some much needed energy to push through with the rest of our work in the few months I have left in village and to prepare him some more for the next volunteer who will move in come August!

See more pictures from training here

See more pictures from my past month in Mali here

2 comments:

Marija said...

gosh, I can't believe you only have a few months left in Zana... I know you will make the most of it!

Manzo said...

I'm surprised to hear that, I don't know what to tell; just all the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Add this!